Monthly Archives:: April 2015
- First Reading: Acts of the Apostles 3:13-15.17-19
- Second Reading: 1John 2:1-5
- Paslm 4
- Gospel: Luke 24:35-48
How can we know Christ is risen? Would be gathered here today, if Christ had not risen? What was the spark that lit the flame of faith, which has passed down the generations, for two millennia to ourselves? The risen Christ surely must be
- Acts 4:32-35
- Psalms 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24
- 1 John 5:1-6
- John 20:19-31
(note: place cursor over a reading reference to see full reading)
The Easter gifts of Christ to his apostles and to the early church are threefold. Christ repeatedly offers the gift of peace to a frightened band of disciples cowering behind closed doors. In line with his
- Holy Saturday Confessions (Saint Brigid’s) 12noon – 1p.m.
- Easter Vigil Mass (Saint Brigid’s) 9 p.m.
- Easter Sunday Saint Brigid’s. 9.30 a.m. and 11.30a.m
- Dromin 10.30 a.m.
- Philipstown 9.30 a.m.
Jesus’ violent death would have been forgotten were it not for the events of Easter Sunday. We are an Easter people; the bottom line of our creed is that we believe